Sunday, June 03, 2012

Roasted Kale Chips

I will be the first to admit kale is disgusting on its own!  Roasted however I can eat a whole bundle of it in minutes.  Roasting kale is so easy.  I have never tried kale chips from the store but I don't think I would like them after having the home made ones.

Ingredients:

Kale
Olive Oil
Salt
Garlic Powder
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)


Directions:

Wash the kale and dry throughly.  Cut the leaves from the steam and cut into large pieces (the will shirnk when you roast them so don't make them to small)  Toss with a light coat of olive oil and seasonings.  Put on a cookie tray, turn on oven to 400 degrees and place the tray in the oven.  I found that putting the tray of kale in the oven while it preheats helps it crisp more evenly.  Let it cook for about 10 minutes and take it out and stir it up.  Place back in the oven for about 3 minutes and check on it again after that,  cook until crispy, it will turn fast so check every couple of minutes.

Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment