Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hummus in a Hurry

I have been using this recipe for years to make quick and easy hummus.  The recipe is called "Hummus in a Hurry".  Unfortunately I have misplaced my recipe so I am going off memory here.  I add more of less of things based off of taste.  I love garlic and a bite so I tend to lean more on the garlic side and a bit less on the lemon juice. I also add red pepper flakes for some extra flavor. So have fun experiment find what you like!


Ingredients:
  • 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans); drained (save the juice for later use)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • a pinch of cayenne, to taste
  • about 2 garlic cloves; chopped
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice

Directions: 
  1. Place drained chickpeas in a food processor with the salt, cumin, cayenne, and garlic.  Process until the chickpeas are cut up into little pieces.  
  2. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of the chickpea juice.  blend together until smooth.  If the hummus is to dry add more juice until it is moist enough.


Enjoy!

Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment